Saturday, June 6, 2009

Freezing in New Zealand

We're currently in Queenstown on the south island, the six of us (brett and I, my parents, sister and her boyfriend) have been buzzing around in a big campervan! So far we've been through Auckland, Bay of Islands, Lake Taupo, Raglan all on the north island, and on the south Blenheim/winery area, Franz Joseph glacier and now Queenstown for a couple of nights. Today we're heading up to Christchurch for a few nights, then back to Auckland where we fly out all our seperate ways - us back to Tonga, my parents on to Australia and my sister and her boyfriend home to Colorado. It's been a lot colder than I thought it would be here, we've bought some warmer clothes to keep warm. The scenery is beautiful everywhere here. People thought we were crazy to cover so much of the north and south islands in just 12 days, it's been a lot of driving for sure but we've been able to see a lot. More to come with photos when we get back to Tonga!

No comments: